Chapter 1: Journey Towards Developing My First Game, App & AR Experience

Hello guys, I am here to tell you about my journey of how I started my career in games developing, apps developing, augmented reality and this is chapter one.

Back in 2008 or 2009 I installed adobe Photoshop, I didn't know what it was, how it worked and how can I use it to work on my photos, but slowly through help from internet and just using different tools in it over the years I became quite an expert in it, now I know how it works, what are these tools and how I can I use these tools.

Thinking about Photoshop, honestly I wasn't even like learning about it seriously yet I became an expert in it after learning bit by bit over the years, like no effort at all and I am expert.

So when I looked at Photoshop, well I thought if I can learn it so easily and become a pro in it then I should probably learn something else too.

That's how my journey towards my first game developing, app developing, AR started, I was really interested in all these things simply because this stuff is so amazing, full of awe.

Second because there was this talk all over the media about 5G and the tremendous benefits and new business opportunities it will unleash in AR, VR, internet of things, so I thought if people earned millions with youtube, blogging, developing games for 4G then coming 10-20 years are for people who know how to make cool things in AR/VR, that's where all the big money will be!

So I looked around online for the best programming language that can be used to develop AR (plus games, apps etc) and I came to learn about C#, my background is no way related to coding and all that, I am like the last guy you will find doing such stuff but since I am so interested in this AR (specifically) I thought I will learn it even if takes months or years.

Because I googled about it and I came to know and the answer was, the minimum time required to learn it is 3 months.


Then there was like 2-3 years, well honestly that didn't bother me 



And I choose C# or C sharp because it is developed and backed by Microsoft, invested almost 2 billion in it (back in 2002) that is like a huggggggggggggeeee investment, that means they knew the future potential of this programming language and this is why I choose to invest my time in C#.

C Programming for Absolute Beginners [How & From Where ?]

So the next thing was, where to learn it, in the past I tried to learn html and I used W3Schools site to learn it and I got quite good at it, good enough to fiddle with code/template on my own website 😝

But just like in Photoshop, in the beginning it was so overwhelming the same happened to be the case with html on W3School html lessons and likewise with lessons on C#.

So I looked around on YouTube to find something easy and that's where I found the following amazing video on C Programming for absolute beginners.


This video made it so easy peasy and right now on 27-july-2020, about an hour into the video I learned about c# introduction, strings, console, methods, data types, variables, drawing my first shape in c# etc.

Today is my first step toward achieving my dreams, developing my first game, app and my ultimate goal is to learn AR (and share it with you guys), hopefully I will make it happen soon, IA.

The journey just started ;-)

And do watch this video if you have like spare time, I believe its a must watch!



Stay tuned for next post 😝😉

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 2: [Best-Practices] Feeling Like C# Codes won't Stay in my Head [& the Fix]